In the latest issue of DieselCar, we take a look at the Geneva motor show debuts, including the Range Rover Velar, DS 7 Crossback, facelifted Renault Captur and Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet, as well as a long list of other motors taking centre stage at the Swiss expo.
It’s also our Audio and Technology special issue, with an A-to-Z of in-car entertainment, gadgets and gizmos. If you’re looking to give your car a technological overhaul or you are thinking about what audio equipment you want in your next car, you can’t miss this month’s guide. And as new cars come ever more laden with computerised equipment, we take a look at car hacking and explore whether it’s something you should be worried about when changing your car.
We’re already big fans of the Peugeot 3008 SUV, and this month we test the car’s bigger brother, the 5008. Does the seven-seater impress as much as its lion-badged stablemate? We get behind the wheel of MINI’s all-new Countryman, test the updated Skoda Octavia, and drive the Volvo V90 Cross Country, as well being able to put the Alfa Romeo Giulia through its paces on UK roads for the first time. Has the long wait been worth it? There’s also first tests of the Volkswagen Golf GTD Estate, new Hyundai i30 and the facelifted Dacia Sandero Stepway, and we drive the Skoda Yeti in recently introduced SE L Drive specification. Is Skoda’s baby SUV as good as we remember?
In EcoCar, we’ve been trying out Toyota’s new Prius plug-in hybrid, and tested the Renault Zoe Z.E. 40 on UK roads, as well as evaluating the smart fortwo electric drive. Andy Goodwin also takes a look into his crystal ball to examine the exciting future technology that Nissan has waiting in the wings for autonomous travel.
This month’s twin test sees two deadly rivals line up side-by-side, with Audi’s A5 Coupé taking on the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupé. Which of these two catwalk friendly supermodels impresses us most? In the Buying, Selling and Maintaining section, Gavin Braithwaite-Smith delivers ten top tips on getting the best price for car insurance and this month’s used car buyer’s guide is for the MG 6 1.9 DTi.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.2 Automatic
- Audi A5 Coupe S line 2.0 TDI Automatic
- Dacia Sandero Stepway Ambiance dCi 90
- Hyundai i30 Premium 1.6 CRDi
- Mercedes-Benz C 250 d AMG Line Coupe Automatic
- MINI Countryman Cooper D
- Peugeot 5008 GT BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Renault Zoe Z.E. 40 Dynamique Nav
- Skoda Octavia SE L 2.0 TDI
- Skoda Yeti SE L Drive 2.0 TDI 4X4
- smart fortwo electric drive
- Toyota Prius Plug-in Excel 1.8 VVT-i Hybrid
- Volkswagen Golf GTD 2.0 TDI Estate Automatic
- Volvo V90 Cross Country D5 PowerPulse AWD Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A3 Sportback S line 2.0 TDI
- DS 5 Prestige BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Ford Edge Titanium 2.0 TDCi Automatic
- Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX 4WD
- Jaguar XF R-Sport 2.0D Automatic
- Kia Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S 1.7 CRDi Automatic
- Mazda3 SE-L Nav 1.5 5-door
- Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian Automatic
- Renault Kadjar Dynamique Nav dCi 110 EDC Automatic
- SEAT Ateca SE 1.6 TDI Ecomotive
- Skoda Rapid Spaceback SE Sport 1.4 TDI
- Subaru Outback 2.0D SE Premium Lineartronic
- Suzuki Baleno 1.2 Dualjet SHVS SZ5
- A-to-Z of audio and in-car entertainment
- Car hacking
- Top ten tips for getting a better deal on car insurance
- Nissan’s autonomous future technology
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- MG 6 Hatchback and Magnette 1.9 dTi