In the first issue of 2016 to hit the newsstands and drop through subscriber letterboxes, we have news of a stylish update to the DS 3, as well as the first photos of the hot new Mercedes-Benz E-Class. We test the Ford Mondeo on UK roads in upmarket Vignale estate guise, as well as putting the updated SsangYong Rexton 2.2-litre through its paces.
Elsewhere we have one of the biggest grudge matches of the year, with Vauxhall’s latest Astra taking on the Ford Focus – you’ll have to read the full report to find out which one wins. We’ve also driven the updated Mercedes-Benz A-Class here in the UK, as well as testing the Land Rover Discovery Sport TD4, the Audi Q7 with 215bhp 3.0-litre V6 TDI engine, and the twin-turbocharged Volkswagen Passat estate with 4Motion four-wheel-drive.
Our annual used car awards coverage is in the February issue, where we name the best second hand buys in eight key sectors, as well as crowing one car the coveted title of DieselCar used car of the year 2016. In the new buying and selling section, we give invaluable advice on buying, maintaining and selling diesel cars, and focus on the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics in this month’s used car buyer’s guide. We also deliver handy guidance on purchasing a car on ebay.
We take a look at new diesel technology that will cut out all the harmful pollutants and report on a high mileage MG ZT that not only has covered a sizeable mileage, but has also undergone a transformation in the workshop, both visually and to the amount of power it produces.
In our dedicated EcoCar section, we test the brand new Lexus RX 450h, put the Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion 1.0 TSI and Audi A1 1.0 TSI through their paces, and get a first look at Hyundai’s new Ioniq hybrid. There’s also the latest news on the update to the plug-in and electric car grant from the Government, as well as all the favourite columns and features that you have come accustomed to.
- Audi A1 SE 1.0 TFSI 3-door
- Audi Q7 SE 3.0 TDI quattro (215)
- Ford Focus Titanium X 1.5 TDCi (120) Automatic
- Ford Mondeo Vignale Estate 2.0 TDCi (180)
- Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 HSE (150)
- Lexus RX 450h Premier
- Mercedes-Benz A 180 d Sport
- SsangYong Rexton 2.2 ELX Automatic
- Vauxhall Astra Elite 1.6CDTi (136)
- Volkswagen Polo BlueMotion 1.0 TSI 5-door
- Volkswagen Passat Estate GT 2.0 BiTDI 4MOTION Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi Q3 S line 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic Automatic
- Citroen C4 Cactus Feel BlueHDi 100 Airdream Pack
- Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium 2.0 TDCi (150) Automatic
- Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX
- Kia Sorento KX-3 2.2 CRDi
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2.0 MIVEC GX4h
- Peugeot 308 GT BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Renault Captur Dynamique Nav dCi 110
- Skoda Fabia SE L 1.4 TDI DSG Automatic
- Suzuki Vitara 1.6 DDiS SZ5 Urban ALLGRIP
- Volvo V60 Cross Country D3 Lux Nav Geartronic Automatic
- Used Car of the Year 2016 – second hand winners announced in eight key categories
- Ford’s feature diesel developments
- High Mile Club – a 277,000 miles MG ZT 2.0 CDTi
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- BMW 116d EfficientDynamics (2012 to 2015)
There are no reviews yet.