It’s one of the most important issues of the year, with our focus on diesel engine tuning for both economy and performance, with a comprehensive look at the tuning market. From remaps to tuning boxes, air filters to brake upgrades, it’s all contained in this month’s issue of Diesel Car. If you’re looking to give your car some more zip, or want to eke out a few extra miles from every gallon, You really can’t miss this issue. And there’s one exciting feature that you wouldn’t expect to read about – a 1959 Ford Thunderbird fitted with a Land Rover TDV8 diesel engine. Yes that’s right, you haven’t misread that, one committed owner has given his classic Ford an economy makeover, yet still retained a classic V8 powerplant under the bonnet.
We’ve also got the first test of Jaguar’s fantastic all-new XF, we’ve been driving Mitsubishi’s new L200 pick-up, and put the latest V60 Cross Country from Volvo through its paces. We’ve also driven the Land Rover Discovery Sport with the latest Ingenium 2.0 diesel engine, and Jeep’s Cherokee is tested featuring its brand new 2.2-litre diesel engine. Meanwhile, Skoda’s all-new Superb Estate faces the mighty Mondeo, and Kia’s new Sorento challenges the Hyundai Santa Fe in an off-road showdown. There’s also tests of the latest Ford S-MAX, the facelifted Peugeot 208 and load-lugging Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Shooting Brake, as well as Subaru’s Forester with Lineartronic automatic gearbox and the facelifted Volkswagen Touareg. This month’s used car buyer’s guide features the Mazda5 1.6 Diesel MPV, while in our Eco Car supplement, we drive an LPG-equipped Ford Focus and examine the Autogas industry, as well as testing the Infiniti Q70 Hybrid and Ford Focus 1.0T EcoBoost that emits just 99g/km of CO2.
And if that wasn’t already enough, there are all the usual favourites that you’ve come to love and expect, including Doctor Diesel, The Extra Mile and Marketplace, and the most up-to-date data section in the magazine world, listing every diesel and alternatively fuelled car, as well as sub-100g/km tax-free petrol cars, too.
- Ford Focus Style 1.0T EcoBoost (99g/km)
- Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium 2.0 TDCi Automatic (150)
- Ford S-MAX Zetec 2.0 TDCi (150)
- Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2.2 CRDi 7-seat AWD Automatic
- Infiniti Q70 Premium Tech Hybrid Automatic
- Jaguar XF R-Sport 2.0 Diesel Automatic (180)
- Jeep Cherokee 2.2 Limited 4WD Automatic
- Kia Sorento KX-4 2.2 CRDi Automatic
- Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 HSE Luxury Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 CDI Sport Shooting Brake Automatic
- Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2.4 DI-D
- Peugeot 208 Allure 1.6 BlueHDi 100 5-door
- Skoda Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0 TDI
- Subaru Forester 2.0D XC Lineartronic
- Volkswagen Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDI (201) Automatic
- Volvo V60 Cross Country D4 SE Nav
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A4 Avant SE Technik 2.0 TDI ultra
- Citroen C4 Cactus Feel BlueHDi 100 Airdream Pack
- Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium 2.0 TDCi (150) Automatic
- Kia Soul Maxx 1.6 CRDi
- Peugeot 308 GT BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- SEAT Leon X-PERIENCE SE Technology 2.0 TDI (181) DSG Automatic
- Skoda Fabia SE L 1.4 TDI DSG Automatic
- Toyota Verso Excel 1.6 D-4D
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- Mazda5 1.6 Diesel
There are no reviews yet.