Following its Chinese debut last year, we’ve got the first details on the European edition of the Citroën C5 Aircross set to be in UK dealers at the end of the year. We’ve also got news of Kia’s facelifted Sportage, including the 48-volt mild hybrid diesel edition. We report on London’s proposed new tunnel in the East End and we’re sad to hear that the Dunsfold Aerodrome will be no more, with Top Gear’s test track set to be bulldozed to build a new town.
Our road testing team have been driving the all-new Audi A6, the Volvo V60 estate and Volkswagen’s large off-roader, the third-generation Touareg. We’ve also driven the crossover-inspired Fiesta Active, the diesel version of the Kia Stinger and Skoda’s Octavia vRS Estate with DSG twin-clutch automatic transmission. A pair of executive expresses are the subject of this month’s twin test, with Audi’s A7 Sportback facing the wrath of the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class. Which of these two stylish coupés should you spend your cash on?
Maxine Ashford looks at the work being done to fend off cyber-attacks in our cars, and we welcome the Audi Q5 and Peugeot 5008 to the Our Cars stable. In addition to all your favourites, like Doctor Diesel, The Extra Mile, Buying, Selling and Maintaining and the most up-to-date data section in the business, Gavin Braithwaite-Smith examines the best way of choosing a tuning company, and this month’s used car buyer’s guide is all about the Porsche Macan S Diesel.
In EcoCar we drive the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo in 4 E-Hybrid guise, and Ford’s Fiesta with EcoBoost engine challenges Peugeot’s 208 PureTech unit in a quest for eco-friendly supermini supremacy. We also welcome a DS 3 PureTech 110 to our long-term test fleet and Graham Heeps examines how to go record breaking on the salt flats of Bonneville in an electric car.
- Audi A6 S line 40 2.0 TDI
- Audi A7 Sportback S line 50 3.0 TDI
- Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.0T EcoBoost (100) 5-door
- Ford Fiesta Active 1.5 TDCi (120) 5-door
- Kia Stinger GT-Line S 2.2 CRDi
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 400 d AMG Line
- Peugeot 208 GT-Line 1.2 PureTech 110 5-door
- Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo 4 E-Hybrid
- Skoda Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TDI DSG Automatic
- Volkswagen Touareg R-Line 3.0 V6 TDI
- Volvo V60 D4 Inscription Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi Q5 S line 2.0 TDI quattro
- Citroen C3 Aircross BlueHDi 120
- DS 3 Parthenon Cream PureTech 110
- Ford Kuga Vignale 2.0 TDCi AWD Automatic
- Kia Stonic First Edition 1.6 CRDi
- Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav 2.2 AWD
- Peugeot 5008 GT BlueHDi 180
- Renault Scenic Dynamique S dCi 130
- SEAT Arona SE Technology 1.6 TDI
- Skoda Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TDI 4X4 DSG (7-seat)
- Suzuki Swift 1.0 Boosterjet Hybrid SZ5
- Performance and Sports Car theme
- Choosing a tuning company
- Cyber attacks – how the car makers are protecting you against cyber terrorism
- EcoCar – Record breaking electric vehicles at Bonneville
Used Car Buyer’s Guide
- Porsche Macan S Diesel
- News and views
- Doctor Diesel
- The Highway Cod
- The Extra Mile
- Buying, Selling and Maintaining
- Product Inspector
- Eco Car Bright Spark
There are no reviews yet.