In one of the biggest issues of the year for new car news, we report on the Paris motor show where the wraps were taken off the Audi Q5, Nissan Micra, BMW X2 Concept, Honda Civic and Land Rover Discovery, as well other brand new metal like the Peugeot 5008, Kia Rio, SsangYong LIV-2 concept and the facelifted Mitsubishi ASX. In EcoCar, there’s news of the Volkswagen I.D., the Mercedes-Benz Generation EQ, Lexus UX Concept and Suzuki Ignis, while Renault’s Trezor, the smart fortwo and forfour electric, Vauxhall Viva Rocks and facelifted Lexus IS made their show debut in France.
It’s also a big month for testing fresh new models, with the world’s first drive of the brand new Citroën C3 BlueHDi. No other magazine in the world has driven the diesel editions yet, with DieselCar first out of the starting blocks. You really can’t miss our full report on the French small car. We also put Peugeot’s sensational new 3008 through its paces, and drive the Fiat Tipo, updated Mazda3, facelifted Suzuki SX4 S-Cross and SEAT Ateca on UK roads for the first time. Finally, we’ve behind the wheel of SsangYong’s new workhorse, the Musso pick-up. Renault’s newly launched Megane attempts to beat its French adversary, the Peugeot 308, in this month’s twin test – which one is victorious? We’ve also been driving the Ford S-MAX Vignale, Jaguar XE 2.0D all-wheel-drive and Mercedes-Benz C 220 d Cabriolet this month. In the EcoCar supplement, we’ve also tested Hyundai’s Ioniq Hybrid on UK tarmac.
Aside from your favourite sections, including Doctor Diesel, the Extra Mile and Jeerbox, we take a look at road signs and lines and what your local authority should be doing to reduce street clutter. In the larger than ever Buying, Selling and Maintaining section, this month’s used car buyer’s guide is all about the fashionable Citroën DS3. Don’t buy one until you’ve read our in-depth report.
- Citroen C3 Flair BlueHDi 100
- Fiat Tipo Lounge 1.6 MultiJet (120)
- Ford S-MAX Vignale 2.0 TDCi (180)
- Jaguar XE R-Sport 2.0 AWD Automatic
- Mazda3 Sport Nav 1.5 Diesel 5-door
- Mercedes-Benz C 220 d AMG Line Cabriolet Automatic
- Peugeot 308 GT-Line 1.6 BlueHDi 120 Automatic
- Peugeot 3008 GT 2.0 BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Renault Megane Dynamique S 1.5 dCi 110
- SEAT Ateca First Edition 1.6 TDI Ecomotive
- SsangYong Musso 2.2 EX 4WD Automatic
- Suzuki SX4 S-Cross 1.6 DDi-S SZ-T
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A4 S line 3.0 V6 TDI (218) quattro Automatic
- DS 5 Prestige BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Ford S-MAX Titanium Sport 2.0 TDCi (180) AWD PowerShift
- Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX 4WD
- Jaguar XF R-Sport 2.0D Automatic
- Kia Optima 3 1.7 CRDi
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 DI-D GX4
- Peugeot 508 SW GT Line BlueHDi 150
- Renault Kadjar Dynamique Nav dCi 110 EDC Automatic
- SEAT Ibiza FR 1.4 TDI 5-door
- Skoda Rapid Spaceback SE Sport 1.4 TDI
- Paris motor show report
- Signs and lines – what your local council should be doing to reduce clutter
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi/1.6 e-HDi
There are no reviews yet.