The Geneva motor show may well be one of the smallest in size, but is still for many, ‘the’ motor show of the year. And judging by the long list of debuts, the car makers agree. Our 14-page show report delivers all the latest metal in the world of diesel and alternative fuels. It’s essential reading if you plan to change your car over the coming months, and see what is coming to a showroom near you soon.
Away from the show, we have the first details of the second-generation Jaguar XF, the facelifted Mercedes-Benz M-Class – now called GLE-Class – and news of a new budget-priced MG6, which has been treated to a facelift. The new seven-seat Galaxy is revealed, too, alongside the first disguised photographs of the Range Rover Evoque Convertible.
We’ve behind the wheel of the facelifted Mazda CX-5 and the load-lugging Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Shooting Brake, as well as driving a whole host of new metal on UK roads for the first time. The Subaru Outback, Mazda2, Kia Sorento and SEAT Leon X-Perience are all tested in right-hand-drive guise, along with Audi’s new TT Roadster, the Jeep Renegade and a pair of Vauxhall’s featuring the company’s new ‘Whisper’ diesel engines – the Mokka 1.6 CDTi and Insignia 2.0 CDTi. And we’ve got a company car shoot-out in this month’s twin test, with the latest Audi A6 facing the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Which one takes class honours?
In the used car section, we give expert advice on buying a second-hand MINI Cooper D, and elsewhere we look at ways of combatting fraudsters in crash for cash collisions. And with the British Touring Car Championship season now underway, we look back at past diesel success in the popular race series. There’s also all of the favourites that you’ve come to love, including Doctor Diesel, The Extra Mile, Marketplace, Meals on Wheels and the most up-to-date data section in the magazine world, listing every diesel and alternatively fuelled car, as well as sub-100g/km tax-free petrol cars, too.
- Audi A6 S line 2.0 TDI ultra S tronic Automatic
- Audi TT Roadster Sport 2.0 TDI ultra
- Infiniti Q70 Premium Tech 2.2d Automatic
- Jeep Renegade Limited 1.6 MultiJet II
- Kia Venga SR7 1.4 CRDi
- Kia Sorento KX-4 2.2 CRDi AWD Automatic
- Mazda2 1.5 SE-L Nav Diesel
- Mazda CX-5 2.2 2WD SE-L Nav Diesel Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 220 CDI OrangeArt Shooting Brake Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz E 220 BlueTec AMG Line Automatic
- SEAT Leon X-PERIENCE SE Technology 2.0 TDI
- Subaru Outback 2.0D SE Lineartronic
- Suzuki Swift 1.2 SZ4 Dualjet
- Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Tech Line 2.0 CDTi 16v ecoFLEX (168)
- Vauxhall Mokka Limited Edition 1.6 CDTi (134)
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A7 Sportback SE Executive 3.0 TDI quattro Automatic
- Citroen Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ 2.0 BlueHDi 150 Automatic
- Ford Tourneo Connect Titanium 1.6 TDCi (114)
- Honda Civic Tourer SR 1.6 i-DTEC
- Peugeot 308 SW Allure 1.6 BlueHDi 120
- Renault Clio Dynamique MediaNav dCi 90
- Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TDI CR
- Volkswagen Sharan SE 2.0 TDI DSG Automatic (138)
- Volvo V40 Cross Country D4 SE Nav Geartronic
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- MINI Hatch Cooper D (2010 to 2014)