It’s a bumper month for new model debuts and we’ve got them all in the November issue of Diesel Car Magazine. And with a distinct off-road and 4×4 theme throughout the issue, fresh new metal like the Volvo XC90, Land Rover Discovery Sport and Suzuki Vitara ties in perfectly. We’ve also got the first details on the baby Jaguar, the new XE, along with all the essential facts and figures for the brand-new Skoda Fabia, all-new Ford S-MAX and hot hatch versions of the Peugeot 308, powered by a 178bhp 2.0-litre BlueHDi engine and wearing the GT 180 nameplate. There’s news of the facelifted Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, as well as the Honda HR-V, and there’s the first photos of BMW’s new 2 Series Convertible. Not wanting to be left out, Audi has facelifted its A6 line-up, too, and Infiniti has announced a series of changes to its Q70 executive car, as well as the introduction of a fleet-friendly Mercedes-Benz 2.2-litre turbodiesel engine for the first time.
The latest incarnation of UK’s best selling medium car, the Ford Focus, gets put through its paces, and we test Nissan’s new Pulsar, which will be challenging it. Volkswagen’s Golf gains plug-in hybrid technology, wearing the GTE badge, and we get our hands on the Audi TT 2.0 TDI coupé. Our testers have been driving the updated Peugeot 508 and Volkswagen Polo and been pounding the roads with both the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and Volkswagen Golf SV. We’ve also got behind the wheel of the hot new MINI Cooper D, pitching it up against the sexy Citroën DS3. Which one wins?
We’ve got a comprehensive guide to 4×4 and off-road technology, explaining how all the different systems work, and how electronics are making lives both easier and safer when going off the beaten track. There’s tests of the latest Jeep Cherokee, the updated Land Rover Discovery and the Range Rover Diesel Hybrid, too. In our used car section, we take a look at the Citroën C-Crosser to see if it’s a solid used buy, and guide you through buying three of our favourite second-hand Range Rovers.
There’s also all your favourite sections, including Marketplace, Doctor Diesel, The Extra Mile and High Mile Club, as well as whole rundown on our long-term test fleet, including the arrival this month of a shiny new Renault Clio.
- Audi TT Coupe S line 2.0 TDI ultra
- BMW 218d Luxury Active Tourer Automatic
- Citroen DS 3 DSport BlueHDi 120
- Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 TDCi Estate (150)
- Jeep Cherokee 2.0 Limited 4×4
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 HSE Luxury Automatic
- MINI Hatch Cooper D 3-door
- Nissan Pulsar Tekna 1.5 dCi
- Peugeot 508 Allure 2.0 BlueHDi 150
- Range Rover 3.0 SDV6 Hybrid Autobiography Automatic
- Volkswagen Polo SE 1.4 TDI 3-door
- Volkswagen Golf GTE 1.4 TSI Plug-In Hybrid 5-door
- Volkswagen Golf SV S 1.6 TDI (109)
Long-term test reports
- Ford Tourneo Connect Titanium 1.6 TDCi (114)
- Kia pro_cee’d SE 1.6 CRDi
- MG6 Magnette 1.9 DTi
- Mitsubishi ASX 4 2.2 DI-D 4WD Automatic
- Peugeot 2008 Feline 1.6 e-HDi (91)
- Renault Clio Dynamique MediaNav dCi 90
- SEAT Leon ST SE 1.6 TDI DSG Automatic
- Skoda Yeti Outdoor Elegance 1.6 TDI GreenLine II
- Volkswagen Sharan SE 2.0 TDI (148) DSG Automatic
Used car buyer’s guide
- Citroen C-Crosser 2.2 HDi (2007 to 2012)