It could be argued that the launch of the Mustang Mach-E is one of Ford’s most important cars in its almost 118 years history, as the firm takes a leap into electric mobility. It’s our cover car and we got behind the wheel of the all-wheel-drive extended range edition. We’ve also been testing the Skoda Enyaq iV SUV, the stylish new Volkswagen Arteon Shooting Brake, the rugged Isuzu D-Max pick-up and the fleet-friendly Kia Sorento PHEV, in addition to Toyota’s updated Land Cruiser and the sporty Cupra Leon e-Hybrid.
This month’s twin test sees a pair of French rivals come together, with Citroën’s C4 facing up to the Renault Megane. Is it a complete walkover by Citroën, or does the many attributes of the family-sized Renault see it win the day? This month’s issue has an off-road, 4×4 and towing theme permeating throughout the pages, with David Williams taking his long-term Range Rover Evoque off-roading at one of Land Rover’s Experience Centres and we examine whether it is recommended to go off-road in electrified vehicles. This month’s used car buyer’s guide is all about the Kia Sorento that was available to buy new between 2012 and 2020, while the Legal i column examines the legalities of green laning.
A new feature within the pages of Diesel Car & Eco Car celebrates the legendary diesel cars from the past, with the Hall of Fame commending vehicles that really put diesel on the map. We won’t spoil the surprise as to which car enters the Hall of Fame first, but it’s one that the editorial team was unanimous about.
In the news pages, Citroën’s new C5 X makes its debut, alongside facelifted versions of the SEAT Ibiza and Arona, the Volkswagen Polo, Lexus ES, Skoda Kodiaq and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class. There’s news on the Audi Q4 e-tron, the Mercedes-Benz EQS and Nissan X-Trail and concept cars that point to future new models with the unveiling of the Audi A6 e-tron, Toyota bZ4X and the MG Cyberster. Finally, Skoda has revealed its Octavia hatchback and estate in new SportLine trim.
There are also your favourites like Doctor Diesel, Legal i, Techzone, Our Cars, Buying, Selling and Maintaining, Marketplace, and the most up-to-date vehicle data anywhere in the motoring world. We’ve also got five brand new columns called Autojumble, Fuel for Thought, Motorgrump, Retrospective and Roadwatch, so if you haven’t seen a copy of DieselCar and EcoCar Magazine lately, be sure to hunt down a copy so that you can test drive the new content for yourself.
- Cupra Leon First Edition e-Hybrid Automatic
- Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD Extended Range Automatic
- Isuzu D-Max Double Cab DL40 Automatic
- Kia Sorento 4 1.6 T-GDi Plug-in Hybrid Automatic
- Skoda Enyaq iV 60 Loft Automatic
- Toyota Land Cruiser Invincible 2.8 D-4D Automatic
- Volkswagen Arteon Shooting Brake R-Design 2.0 TDI DSG Automatic
- Citroen C4 Shine Plus 1.5 BlueHDi 130 Automatic vs Renault Megane R.S. Line 1.5 Blue dCi EDC Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Citroen C3 Flair Plus BlueHDi 100
- Ford Kuga Vignale 2.0 EcoBlue AWD (190) Automatic
- Peugeot 2008 GT Line BlueHDi 100
- SEAT Leon SE Dynamic 2.0 TDI (115)
- Skoda Octavia Estate SE L First Edition 2.0 TDI 115
- SsangYong Musso Rhino LWB Automatic
- Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Hybrid SZ5 Allgrip
- Vauxhall Astra SRi Nav 1.6 CDTi 16v
- Volvo XC90 Recharge T8 AWD Inscription Automatic
- Land Rover Experience – try off-roading yourself
- EcoCar Current affairs – can you go off-road in an electrified vehicle?
- Fuel for thought
- Road watch
Used Car Buyer’s Guide
- Kia Sorento (2012 to 2020)
- News and views
- Motoring Morsels
- Refuelling Costs
- Marketplace Statistics
- Marketplace In The Pipeline
- Marketplace What’s New
- Gadget Inspector
- Doctor Diesel
- How it works
- Legal i
- This Month
- Bright Spark
- Fuel for thought
- Tuning specialists directory
- Buying, Selling and Maintaining
- The Doctor’s Hero or Zero