While Peugeot’s two previous generations of the 308 were decent cars, they weren’t particularly memorable, however, there’s no chance of mixing the latest 308 up with anything else, as its styling is stunning. We’ve got the first details on the French firm’s new five-door hatchback, with petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid drivetrains on sale later this year. We’ve also got the first photographs of the facelifted Volvo XC60 and sketches of Skoda’s updated Kodiaq SUV. In EcoCar, we take the wraps off Kia’s exciting new pure electric EV6, including the mighty 576bhp GT version. We’ve also got the first images of Porsche’s Taycan Cross Turismo, the BMW i4 and Toyota Prologue X – a car that previews the next generation Aygo.
We’ve been driving the Volkswagen Golf Estate this month, as well as the facelifted Land Rover Discovery with new straight-six diesel engine. In EcoCar, we’ve been putting the brilliant new Dacia Sandero through its paces, tested the huge new Toyota Highlander and tested the pure electric Mazda MX-30 through Essex countryside. In this month’s twin test, Kia’s brand new Sorento battles it out with another seven-seater, the Skoda Kodiaq. Which one wins this SUV grudge match?
As it’s our Car Cleaning and Valeting special issue, we’ve been looking at eco-friendly car care, ways of removing dents and scratches without calling in the professionals and deliver hints and tips on achieving that showroom-like shine. This month’s used car buying guide is all about the MINI Countryman (2017 to 2020) and in secondhand shootout, we compare the SEAT Ateca and Skoda Karoq.
There are also your favourites like Doctor Diesel, Legal i, Techzone, Our Cars, Buying, Selling and Maintaining, Marketplace, and the most up-to-date vehicle data anywhere in the motoring world. We’ve also got five brand new columns called Autojumble, Fuel for Thought, Motorgrump, Retrospective and Roadwatch, so if you haven’t seen a copy of DieselCar and EcoCar Magazine lately, be sure to hunt down a copy so that you can test drive the new content for yourself.
- Dacia Sandero Comfort TCe 90
- Land Rover Discovery D300 AWD R-Dynamic SE Automatic
- Mazda MX-30 Sport Lux
- Toyota Highlander Excel 2.5 VVT-i Hybrid Automatic
- Volkswagen Golf Estate Style 2.0 TDI Automatic
- Kia Sorento 3 2.2 CRDi AWD Automatic vs Skoda Kodiaq SportLine 2.0 TDI 4X4 Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Citroen C3 Flair Plus BlueHDi 100
- Ford Kuga Vignale 2.0 EcoBlue AWD (190) Automatic
- Peugeot 2008 GT Line BlueHDi 100
- Renault Clio Iconic dCi 85
- SEAT Leon SE Dynamic 2.0 TDI (115)
- Skoda Octavia Estate SE L First Edition 2.0 TDI 115
- SsangYong Musso Rhino LWB Automatic
- Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Hybrid SZ5 Allgrip
- Volvo XC90 Recharge T8 AWD Inscription Automatic
- Eco-friendly cleaning materials
- Removing dents and scratches without calling the professionals
- Top tips for giving your car a showroom shine
- Undersealing – is it now necessary?
- EcoCar Top topic – is your journey really necessary?
- EcoCar Current affairs – can electric cars tow a caravan?
- Fuel for thought
- Road watch
Used Car Buyer’s Guide
- MINI Countryman (2017 to 2020)
- News and views
- Marketplace Statistics
- Marketplace In The Pipeline
- Marketplace What’s New
- Gadget Inspector
- Doctor Diesel
- How it works
- Legal i
- This Month
- Fuel for thought
- Tuning specialists directory
- Buying, Selling and Maintaining
- Doctor Diesel’s Hero or Zero
- EcoCar News and views
- EcoCar Marketplace
- EcoCar Current Affairs
- EcoCar Bright Spark