The replacement for the UK’s biggest selling SUV is sensationally revealed in the April 2021 issue of DieselCar & EcoCar. The Sunderland-built crossover vehicle gains mild hybrid and E-Power technology, though sadly there’s no diesel version this time around. We’ve got all the news on the latest Mercedes-Benz C-Class, both in saloon and estate guises, as the German firm took the wraps off them both at the same time. There’s also news of the Audi e-tron GT, Honda HR-V, Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Volvo C40, as well as the exciting news about Jaguar Land Rover’s electric future.
Our road testers have been driving the new Citroën C4, got behind the wheel of the hot new Volkswagen Golf GTD and driven the mildly updated Peugeot 308 and Vauxhall Insignia. Suzuki’s Swace estate gets the first test treatment, along with the revised Jaguar I-Pace, new Toyota RAV4 PHEV and facelifted Peugeot 3008 Hybrid. This month’s twin test sees the Citroën C5 Aircross Hybrid face the Ford Kuga PHEV. Which of this pay can lay claim to being the best family PHEV SUV?
We examine whether hydrogen is finally going to make it as an exciting alternative to pure battery electric vehicles and take a look at the kind of technology that will make our lives easier by 2035. We explain the difference between mild and self-charging hybrid technology and this month’s used car buyer’s guide is all about the Dacia Logan MCV.
There are also your favourites like Doctor Diesel, Legal i, Buying, Selling and Maintaining, Marketplace, and the most up-to-date vehicle statistics anywhere in the motoring world. We’ve also got five brand new columns called Autojumble, Fuel for Thought, Motorgrump, Retrospective and Roadwatch, so if you haven’t seen a copy of DieselCar and EcoCar Magazine lately, be sure to hunt down a copy so that you can test drive the new content for yourself.
- Citroen C4 Shine Plus BlueHDi 130 Automatic
- Jaguar I-Pace EV400 SE Automatic
- Peugeot 308 Allure Premium 1.5 BlueHDi 130
- Peugeot 3008 Hybrid Allure Automatic
- Suzuki Swace SZ-T 1.8 Hybrid Automatic
- Toyota RAV4 Plug-in Hybrid Dynamic 2.5 VVT-i 4WD Automatic
- Vauxhall Insignia SE Nav Turbo D
- Volkswagen Golf GTD 2.0 TDI Automatic
- Citroen C5 Aircross Hybrid Shine Plus vs Ford Kuga PHEV ST-Line X Edition
Long-term test reports:
- Citroen C3 Flair Plus BlueHDi 100
- Ford Kuga Vignale 2.0 EcoBlue AWD (190) Automatic
- Renault Clio Iconic dCi 85
- SEAT Leon SE Dynamic 2.0 TDI (115)
- Skoda Octavia Estate SE L First Edition 2.0 TDI 115
- SsangYong Musso Rhino LWB Automatic
- Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Hybrid SZ5 Allgrip
- Volvo XC90 Recharge T8 AWD Inscription Automatic
- Hydrogen – does it now have a future as an alternative to battery electric vehicles?
- New technology that’ll save us time in 2035
- What’s the different between mild hybrids and self-charging hybrids?
- Fuel for thought
- Road watch
Used Car Buyer’s Guide
- Dacia Logan MCV (2013 to 2020)
- News and views
- Marketplace Statistics
- Marketplace In The Pipeline
- Marketplace What’s New
- Gadget Inspector
- Doctor Diesel
- How it works
- The Extra Mile
- Legal i
- This Month
- Fuel for thought
- Tuning specialists directory
- Buying, Selling and Maintaining
- Doctor Diesel’s Hero or Zero
- EcoCar News and views
- EcoCar Marketplace
- EcoCar Current Affairs
- EcoCar Bright Spark